On Thursday, November 10, the Department of Music presents presents a program entitled The Expressive Jewish Tradition Through Music and Words, featuring performers Maria Lambros, viola; Airi Yoshioka, violin; Audrey Andrist, piano; E. Michael Richards, clarinet; Lisa Cella, flute; and guests Alison Wells, cello; Michael Kannen, cello; and Diane Walsh, piano. The program will feature:
* Osvaldo Golijov – Doina (2001)
* Felix Mendelssohn – Sonata for Cello and Piano in D major, Op. 58 (1843)
* Michael Alec Rose – Burlesques for Piano Quartet (2010, world premiere)
* Gerald Cohen – Yedid Nefesh (Beloved of my Soul) (2007)
* Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein III – selections from South Pacific (1949)
8 pm, Fine Arts Recital Hall. $7 general admission, $3 seniors, free for students, free with a UMBC ID. To order tickets in advance using a credit card, order online through MissionTix or call 410-752-8950. Tickets will also be available at the door, cash or check only.
The Arts & Humanities at UMBC: think create engage