Please Note: This event has been cancelled, but will be rescheduled. Stay tuned for the new date and time.
Join UMBC experts for a panel on how cybersecurity touches our everyday lives and how journalists can engage a wide range of readers in cybersecurity news. This panel will touch on topics ranging from online commerce to national conversations about security leaks. It will also explore how best to prepare the next generation of cybersecurity leaders to effectively tackle the challenges we are facing.
Friday, August 18, 2017, 4 – 6 p.m.
National Press Club, Holeman Lounge, Washington, D.C.
Light refreshments will be served.
Registration by August 15 preferred.
Featured panelists include:
- Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, UMBC President
- Anupam Joshi, Director, UMBC Center for Cybersecurity; Professor and Chair, Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Rachel Cohen ’16, Computer Science and Cyber Scholar; Software Engineer, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Ellen Hemmerly, President and Executive Director, bwtech@umbc Research and Technology Park
- Tina Williams ’02, Computer Science; President, TCecure, LLC; Cybersecurity Academic Innovation Officer for University System of Maryland
Questions? Contact Candace Dodson-Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.