Join UMBC experts for a panel on how cybersecurity touches our everyday lives and how journalists can engage a wide range of readers in cybersecurity news. This panel will touch on topics ranging from online commerce to national conversations about security leaks. It will also explore how best to prepare the next generation of cybersecurity leaders to effectively tackle the challenges we are facing.
Friday, August 18, 2017, 4 – 6 p.m.
National Press Club, Washington, D.C.
Light refreshments will be served.
Registration by August 15 preferred.
Featured panelists include:
- Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, UMBC President
- Anupam Joshi, Director, UMBC Center for Cybersecurity; Professor and Chair, Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Rachel Cohen ’16, Computer Science and Cyber Scholar; Software Engineer, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Andy Williams, CEO, iCyberCenter@bwtech
- Tina Williams, President, TCecure, LLC; Cybersecurity Academic Innovation Officer for University System of Maryland
Questions? Contact Candace Dodson-Reed at email@example.com.